An excellent performance upgrade. Lightened steel flywheels are susceptible to shattering under aggressive driving conditions. Because aluminum is lighter than steel, we are able to produce aluminum flywheels utilizing stock dimensions. Aluminum flywheels are perfect for road racers looking for quicker revs. It is also a nice complement for turbocharged cars experiencing lag.
- 1997-2001 Audi A4 B5 4 Cylinder 1.8L Turbo
- Specification: -0.32
- Weight: 13lb
Typical benefits of a lightweight flywheel for various engine types:
- Eliminate excess turbo lag
- Reduced mass equals increased acceleration.
- A lightweight flywheel works particularly well with turbo-charged engines because it reduces typical turbo lag.
- Increased supercharger efficiency due to less parasitic drag on the crank.
- Improved mid-range torque in a normally aspirated engine due to not having to overcome the heavy weight of a stock flywheel.
- CM uses only 6061-T6 aircraft grade or better billet aluminum in the manufacturer of its flywheels.
- CM uses High Carbon steel for the friction surface. (Replaceable)
- CM uses an OEM steel ring gear secured by bolts.
- CM offers a limited lifetime warranty.
- CMCM Billet Aluminum Flywheels meet SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2