April 12th, 2010
Changing the rack and pinion turned out to be more complicated than I thought. Especially if you are doing it in your garage using floor jack. Here are a few tips to make it easier on anyone who is looking to attack this project.
- Make sure you have a good floor jack, jack stands, a lot of floor dry and someone to help if not you can do it yourself.
- Raise the car on the jack stands and remove the tires.
- Loosen your tie rod ends, separate them from the knuckle and then completely remove both tie rod ends. This is an important step and should not be skipped. Loosen the tie rod end when the rack is loose can be a tough job.
- Separate the fan shroud from the radiator and make sure it can move freely.
- Remove the 2 bolts that hold the rack to your sub-frame.
- Now would be a good time to separate the rack from the steering column, this can be challenging since it is in a tight spot and would be hard to reach. Make sure you remove the bolt that holds the rack to the column before attempting to separate them. This is a thread on bold, the nut is welded to the column and will not need to be removed. Don’t attempt to use the bold as a leverage it has to be completely out. The rack and the column fit tight.
- Once the rack is out of the column it is completely free and ready to be taken out. Don’t forget about the power steering lines going into the rack. We will remove them later.
- The rack sit tight between the engine the the sub-frame, to make the removal process easier. I suggest you raise the engine to do that we would remove the 2 bolts that hold the engine mounts to the frame. This would be a good time to change your engine mounts, I found out that one of my mounts is completely shot and came out in 2 pieces. Remember that we released the shroud from the radiator so we have plenty or room to raise the engine. To do that we need to use a block of wood and place it at the very front of the engine right behind the harmonic balancer. The more you raise the engine the easier it is to get your rack out.
- Now would be a good time to disconnect your power steering hoses and enjoy the ATF that is going to come flowing out of them.
- I was able to get the rack out from the right side of the vehicle. I had to remove the shield to have more room to maneuver the rack.
Once you got the rack out it would be a good idea to check you tie rod end inner and outer and replace them if needed. Most rack are sold without inner tie rod ends. You might want to check your lines if they are leaking this would be a good time to change them.
Installation is pretty much the opposite of the removal, you will need to get an alignment or at least toe adjustment after installing the new rack.
November 7th, 2009
Lamin-x blue headlight covers
Lamin-x Smoke Headlight Covers
Does you headlight look old and boring? Have you considering buying new headlight but you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars? Lamin-x headlight covers is your answer. Lamin-x protective films has been the industry leader since 2001. Instead of replacing your headlight you can easily make your headlights the focus point of your vehicle exterior. Lamin-x headlight covers are thick and durable which makes them withstand the element.
Installing Lamin-x headlight covers is a breeze. Just peel and stick! If you follow the instructions provided by Lamin-x you should have the headlight covers installed in no longer than 30 minutes.
Lamin-x protective films are available in different color such as; Yellow, Optic Blue, Gun smoke, Tint, Smoked, Charcoal and Red. They also come in different thickness for different level of protection.
August 28th, 2009
A few years ago I bought a BMW 5-Series, the car was a bit old. It seemed that the previous owner had problems with keeping the car clean, that was visible on the car interior.
Being a perfectionist I had to do something about it. I can’t drive a car with torn seats and worn steering wheel. Seat covers were enough to solve the seats problem. But when it came to the steering wheel I had to options; either replace the steering wheel with a used one or purchase a steering wheel cover.
The first option will require me to buy a steering wheel, replace my steering wheel with the new steering wheel which will require to reset the air bag light.
After comparing the two options, I decided to purchase a steering wheel cover but I didn’t want any wheel cover. I wanted a quality steering wheel cover. Wheelskins was the company I decided to use in my car. Wheelskin cover was easy to install, it came with easy to follow instruction and needle to make the installation a breeze. It took me about 30 minutes to install the steering cover after which the car interior looked like new again.
wheelskins leather steering wheel cover
July 23rd, 2009
CoolCarPartsOnline received major updates over the weekend, we have spent the past 2 months working hard on chaning the website around and adding new functions and products to our already great website.
Some of the updates on the website include:
- Fully functional Search function that allow customers to browse our catalog based on their car make, model and year. Now you can select your car make, year and model to view the products that will fit your car instead of going through pages of products that are irreleavant to you.
- The customer car is saved, so every time you come to the website you don’t have to select your car again.
- Shipping times are listed on the product page. Customers will have real time expectation for when they should receive their parts.
- Live chat, you can chat with one of our sales staff through out the day. You will have a live person that can help you through the ordering process or answer any questions you have about the parts.
- Phone support, we have added phone support that will be available thought out the day.
- Review form. Customers can leave reviews for the products they buy and see what other customers say about our products.
- New brands, we have added 30 new brands to our catalog and much more being added daily.
- Discounts are now available. If you have a shop or if you are a member of a club, send us an email and we will work on giving you the cheapest price we can.
- Price match guarantee, we can beat any price for the items we offer (some restrictions may apply).
A lot more updates are coming.
August 13th, 2008
The Nissan 300ZX body kits is the epitome of Nissan sports cars. The ZX is
often known as the predecessor to the new and world class 350z. When Extreme
Dimension kit is added to the ZX they can be just as Impressive as the 350z.
They come in many brands and are priced much lower today. Some of the less
expensive such as VIS Racing, AIT Racing, Extreme Dimensions body kits to name a
few .as the evolution
The 300zx came into production in 1984 and received a minor retrofitting in
1986 to the body with a more flush rear bumper and front bumper taking after the
body kit styles then in 1990 the ZX received a major overhaul to the body and
many other items. There is a extensive collection of common stock body kits from
manufacturers such as VIS Racing body kit, AIT Racing, Extreme Dimensions body
kits. There are several high end brand names among our long list of
manufacturers including the full line of Veilside kits seen on the hit movie
Fast and the Furious Tokyo drift.
New DURAFLEX technology is a revolutionary product which combines fiberglass,
plastic, and flex resins to obtain its unique features. DURAFLEX technology is a
revolutionary product which combines fiberglass, plastic, and flex resins to
obtain its unique features. DURAFLEX products obtain a much higher durability
rate than the average fiberglass product, reducing shipping damages on the body
kits up to 75%. Every DURAFLEX product is inspected through a rigorous quality
control process giving consumers the highest quality product available with
superior craftsmanship. most body kits come in many different styles and shapes
and usually come with front and back bumper plus side skirts. Some of the higher
end body kits come with a hood and fenders as well as a spoiler and wide body
kits these are some of ultra slick higher end body kits.
July 13th, 2008
A body kit is an accessory that significantly modifies the original design of
the car. Most body kits serve specific purposes like increasing traction and
tightening handling movements. Others enhance the outside features of the car
for that visual appeal. As a car enthusiasts you know the importance of having a
unique car. A body kit will allow you to customize your car to suit your needs
and personality while increasing performance and handling. There are a lot of
different ways to alter your car to give it a unique look and enhance its
functions, but body kits are flexible and often accommodate your creative
impulses the quickest, without breaking the bank.
Car body kits are fast becoming an important industry to car customization
allowing even the most common daily drivers to express their individuality. But
the saying you get what you pay for definitely applies here. A little extra
money invested at first can save you a lot of heartache afterwards. From
incorrect fit, to cheap workmanship and product material, to the kit causing a
potential road hazard or even damaging your vehicle, it makes sense to spend a
little more, find the right style, the right material, and the right installer,
so you end up with a structurally sound vehicle that looks great.